Early Childhood Ministry Coordinator
The Early Childhood Coordinator will be the primary developer of leaders for the early childhood ministry at Prairie Lakes Church, Cedar Falls. They will coordinate all programming, activities and events involving early childhood at the Cedar Falls Campus. They will manage data, stage appropriate environments, and form intentional partnerships with parents. They will be responsible to support the overall philosophy and mission of Prairie Lakes Church and its leadership team. This person will provide leadership to the Cedar Falls early childhood volunteer team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Recruit, schedule, develop, manage and celebrate volunteers.
· Train, equip and mobilize Team Leaders to shepherd volunteers who serve with them each week.
· Coordinate content for early childhood ministry including teaching and leadership training.
· Manage data through the church database including children, parents, and leaders.
· Prepare early childhood environments for each weekend.
· Keep environments up to date, attractive to parents and engaging to kids.
· Provide tools and partnerships for parents to equip them in their role as primary spiritual caregivers of their children.
· Coordinate and execute Child Dedication Orientation and Child Dedication as a regular rhythm within the guidance of the Campus Pastor and Family Pastor.
· Be present on weekends to execute weekend early childhood programing and events and available to parents in the lobby before and after services.
· Initiate relationships with early childhood visitors and new members of the PLC body to partner with parents and assimilate children into the early childhood ministry.
· Work with appropriate staff to regularly communicate with parents, keeping them informed of early childhood teaching and events, using various methods of communication.
· Attend community events and activities as the “face” of Prairie Lakes Church early childhood ministry in the community.
Successful candidate must be a Christian and fully support the philosophy of Prairie Lakes Church and its leadership team. The individual’s commitment to Christ will be evidenced in his/her personal life, family relationships and ministry. The candidate’s daily walk with God will be an example to all.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
· One or more years of related experience and/or training preferred.
· Experience with developing leaders in ministry environment preferred.
Salary & Benefits
$30,000 - $40,000
- Vacation days
- Health care
Can be done remote?
About Prairie Lakes Church Church
We are a church for those who’ve given up on church. We believe God loves every one of us. That’s why we’re a No Matter church—no matter who you are, where you’ve been, what you’ve done or what’s been done to you, God loves you, and you can always look for God at Prairie Lakes Church.