Engagement and Connections Director
The Engagement Director position is vital to the ongoing success of Crossroads’ ability to live into our vision to focus on family, serving our community, unlimited welcome, and team-based ministry.
The primary purpose of the Engagement Director is to develop and implement programs to engage adults in learning, social, and volunteer opportunities through small groups, membership and serving others. This position requires the ability to build relationships with volunteer teams who facilitate Sunday morning ministries, lead small groups, and participate in congregational care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit and train First Impressions teams including Ushers, Parking Ushers, Greeters, Communion servers, Kitchen hospitality and other teams as needed.
- Schedule the weekly teams to ensure coverage for all roles and schedule substitutes when necessary. Send reminder email to those scheduled.
- Be onsite 8:00am-Noon on Sundays to prepare for and support the First Impressions teams. Check in team members as they arrive or designate team leaders to check in their individual team members.
- Ensure the teams have all items needed for Sunday morning including name tags, pens, worship handouts, activity handouts for kids, and any special items needed for worship.
Connections and Small Groups
- Organize, develop, and plan Adult Small Group opportunities and offerings. Identify and distribute curriculum choices to be used in small groups.
- Identify, train and support small group leaders. Connect those interested in participating in a small group with small group leaders.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to communicate small group opportunities across multiple platforms. Ensure small group information on the Crossroads website is updated as needed.
- Identify ways to engage and connect adults through social events and educational opportunities.
- Be present on Sunday mornings to welcome and provide information for those who may be attending for the first time or anyone with questions about Crossroads.
- Train and support a Congregational Care Team.
- Distribute prayer concerns to the Care Team and Pastor. When contact information is available, ensure that those who submitted concerns receive an email acknowledgement or card.
- Schedule Care Team volunteers to pray with people on Sundays after the service.
- Deliver or have flowers delivered to a family or person grieving the loss of a family member.
- Ensure weekly coverage during online Church at Home to encourage people to connect through the chat feature and submit prayer concerns.
- Track and respond to those expressing an interest in Tea with Tim opportunities to connect with the Lead Pastor.
- Follow up with Tea with Tim attendees, or others expressing an interest in Crossroads membership, to share next steps.
- Work with the Program Director and Pastor to establish a schedule for when new members are acknowledged during the worship service.
- Collect New Member information forms and send Membership Transfer requests to the former church of those joining.
- Maintain membership records in Realm including those who join Crossroads as well as those transferring out of Crossroads. Update the membership information of Confirmation students when they join the church.
- Send welcome emails to first-time attendees.
- Review congregant attendance and reach out to those who have not attended worship in-person or online in the past 8 weeks.
- Develop and oversee the Adult Ministry budget.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- A passion for extending God’s love and compassion to the Crossroads community.
- Experience working with and managing people.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to lead, coordinate and collaborate with staff and ministry volunteers.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Salary & Benefits
$37,000 - $40,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
Transform the world, one person, one family, and one community at a time with the compassion, forgiveness, service, and wisdom seen in Jesus. We do this by offering all people an unlimited welcome, God's unconditional love, and an unwavering hope for individual and global transformation.