Family & Discipleship Pastor
- The Family Pastor is responsible for overseeing all family ministry and discipleship activities of the church. He primarily leads and shepherds the families in the church.
- The Family/Discipleship Pastor is first charged with equipping the adults at Mount Olive Baptist, and subsequent to that will recruit, develop, and lead the ministry leaders (staff and volunteer) for the church’s other age-graded ministries (singles, young adults, youth, and children).
- The Family/Discipleship Pastor equips members to be disciple makers of others (2 Timothy 2:2) leading to real life transformation in Christ. He will seek to develop, coordinate, and execute a philosophy of discipleship and evangelism in the church, insuring that the mission and core values of MOBC are clearly seen as the guiding principles for all church activities.
- Design and oversee relational and engaging ministries for the church’s adults.
- Provide a consistent pastoral presence for the families of our church.
- Model a missional lifestyle, being involved in the community, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ.
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next.
- Evaluates all small group curriculum used by all groups in the church.
- Develop and implement a strategy for expanding Bible Study Fellowship Groups as well as other small groups both on-site and off-site.
- Expand ministry strategies that help parents and families in every life stage.
- Help build a discipling culture among children, youth, parents, and student leaders.
- Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
- Counsel parents and children privately on specific family issues.
- Collaborate with the lead pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn, and serve together.
- Shepherd and develop the Family Ministry team, including both staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain an annual budget consistent with the needs to effectively and efficiently carry out the ministries of the church.
- Assist with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (care, equipping, leadership, preaching).
Minimum of 5 years' experience on a church staff
Minimum of a ministry-related bachelor's degree required
Preferred experience with children, youth & college ministries
Preferred experience with discipling families
Southern Baptist background preferred
Salary & Benefits
$50,000 - $70,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
Our mission is to connect the South Knoxville community and beyond to Christ and His kingdom. We strive to accomplish this individually and as a church body through the following core values:
- Gospel Proclaiming - We believe in the truth of the Gospel as the basis for our faith and its transforming work in the lives of God’s people.
- Worship Encouraging - We personally encounter a Holy God through preaching, singing, praying, tithing and cross-shaped living.
- Disciple Building - We make relationships with others through Bible Fellowship and one-on-one time as we seek to develop character, biblical knowledge and ministry skills in ourselves and others.
- Evangelistic Reaching - We connect to the community through church-wide events and individual encounters that share the love of Christ whenever and wherever.
- Strategic Sending - We know the church is an army relying on the Holy Spirit to lead us where He calls us.