Lead Pastor - Salem Evangelical Church
Salem Evangelical Church in Salem, Oregon is seeking a man who loves and preaches God’s Word and desires to shepherd a congregation who loves God, loves each other, and wants to be a light to our community and around the world. He understands and lives by God’s standard as expressed in Titus 1:5-9 and I Timothy 3:1-7. While extensive ministry experience is a requirement, our new Pastor must have a heart for teaching God’s Word, the ability to lead people, and desire to train others to continually strive to grow in the Lord, using their gifts and talents to get involved and serve.
- Be a sincere, spirit-filled, mature, and growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Inspire and challenge our church to become more like Jesus through missions, prayer, outreach, and loving others.
- Faithfully and joyfully minister in accordance with the policies, vision, and doctrine of the Evangelical Church in the Wesleyan-Arminian tradition.
- Preach, teach, build up, and mentor the ministerial staff, and nurture our congregation with an emphasis on evangelism. These are primary responsibilities.
- Oversee the ministries of the church.
- Be mission-minded for the lost in our community and around the world.
- Work with our team of ministerial staff to provide pastoral care through visitation, prayer, counseling, mentoring, funerals, and weddings for church congregation.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and evaluate ministerial team and church staff. (Pre-Covid 10 FT, 25 PT; today 8 FT, 9 PT)
- Work in conjunction with Pastor Parish, Church Council, and Trustees.
- Commit to using social media as a communication tool.
- Pursue personal growth through private study, conferences, and continuing education.
- Be approved by the Conference Superintendent and pursue ordination within the Evangelical Conference.
The preferred candidate will have 10+ years senior pastor experience or combined experience as associate and senior pastor, minimum five years as lead pastor; potential for 10-20 years in ministry; served as senior pastor in a church of 200+ with demonstrated growth; experience leading and mentoring paid staff.
Post Covid-19, a redesign of ministries may be needed. Be willing to work with the ministerial team and church staff to meet the changing needs of our congregation and government regulations.
Annual salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This salary can be broken up as salary and housing allowance to fit the pastor’s situation and for his optimum living and tax advantage. Minimum salary in the Pacific Conference for full time pastors is $50,500.
Salary & Benefits
Can be done remote?
The Pacific Conference supports and resources fifty-three local churches in Oregon and Washington who are reaching their communities with the love of Jesus. We are committed to Biblical Faithfulness, Spiritual Transformation, Evangelistic Conviction, Relational Connectedness, and Local Church Focus.