Liberty Church - YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS PASTOR
About the Youth and Young Adults Pastor:
Liberty Church is seeking their next Youth and Young Adults Pastor for the Blue Angel Campus. The Youth and Young Adults Pastor is responsible for pastoring, leading, and caring for the students, Young Adults, parents and adult volunteers. This role also includes managing and overseeing the systems, processes, and operations of the Youth Department.
The Youth and Young Adults Pastor's Responsibilities Include:
- Pastoring the congregation through students, young adults, parents, and adult volunteers.
- Recruiting, developing, and leading a team of Youth/Young Adult leaders.
- Leading Youth services/events with excellence.
- Spiritual care for students through intentional, established relationships.
- Preparing the necessary curriculum well in advance.
- Scheduling serve teams a month in advance at a time.
- Equipping youth leaders to teach, build relationships, and care for the students.
- Build relationships with, inform well, and demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude with the parents.
- Oversee and lead Youth and Young Adults communication.
- Establish and oversee a Worship Team with the goal of being student led.
- Coordinate and oversee the youth budget for the local campus.
- Leading Young Adults ministry.
- Recruit, train, inform, and invest in the Young Adult leaders.
- Develop and execute operations/administrative needs for this department.
- Working with, assisting, leading and developing other Liberty Church Youth and Young Adults Pastors and Directors to follow aligned curriculum and weekly programming plans.
- Working with the Executive Pastor to establish Youth Department Systems and Processes.
- Training and Leading Youth Department Systems and Process with campus Youth Directors and Pastors as well as youth and young adult leaders.
- Pastoral Care as needed or directed- weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.
- Other duties, tasks and assignments deemed necessary by the Campus Pastor or Executive Pastor.
What It's Like to Live in Pensacola, FL:
Known as “the upside of Florida,” Pensacola is a city teeming with something for everyone, in any season of the year. Located on the westernmost part of the Florida Panhandle, it has a population of approximately 56,000 in the city with about 449,000 people living in the greater metropolitan area. It’s hard not to like Pensacola, with its waterfront restaurants, pristine beaches, easygoing vibe, and 244 days of sunshine every year.
Over the course of its history, Pensacola has been ruled by the British, the Spanish, the French, the Confederacy, and the United States; hence, its nickname, "The City of Five Flags." Historic Pensacola Village exhibits the city's story through guided walking tours. Meanwhile, the downtown area offers art galleries, restaurants with fresh and delicious seafood, and many arts and cultural venues. Pensacola's beaches are a must-see, with their white sands and gorgeous waters.
The University of West Florida, located north of the city, is the largest post-secondary institution in the area. It also has the largest library in the region, the John C. Pace Library. Pensacola has five major high schools and several private schools.
Not only is Pensacola the place where all naval pilots train; it also is home to the impressive National Naval Aviation Museum and the Blue Angels Naval aerobatics team.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least five (5) years of experience in a church setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Born recruiter and developer
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized
- Strong leadership qualities/ability
- The ability to build and lead strong volunteer teams
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas
- High-capacity multi-task individual comfortable working without constant supervision
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Able to use Database Software
- Able to use project software
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite
- CPR/First Aid Certified a plus
- Able to use ProPresenter
- Ability to use software like Ableton, Logic and other AVL programs a plus
- Genuine enthusiasm
- Team player
- Heart of a servant
- Fun/enjoyable/positive attitude
- A person of your word
- Pursuit of excellence
- Pursuit of continual learning/development
- Pastoral heart and care for others
- Ability to relate and connect with volunteers, team leaders, and church members
- Share the vision of Liberty Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
Salary & Benefits
Can be done remote?