Music Coordinator/Worship Leader
The primary purpose of the position of Music Coordinator/Worship Leader is to build and nurture, both spiritually and musically, teams of instrumental and vocal musicians who will lead music in Worship on Sundays and other special events/gatherings as needed. The 10-15 hours/week position is responsible for:
- Recruiting and building strong relationships with new volunteer team members.
- Meeting regularly with the Worship Integrator, Senior Pastor and Worship Design Team to align vision and clear direction of worship music and teams.
- Participating in the ongoing creative work of designing all aspects of worship.
- Working with the Worship Integrator to select, plan, prepare, coordinate and arrange music for all Crossroads worship gatherings.
- Recruiting and developing new teams/choirs/vocal or instrumental groups as needed.
- Working to identify and develop team leaders within the Music Ministry area.
- Scheduling and coordinating weekly participation of all musicians both vocal and instrumental.
- Providing structured leadership at rehearsals when needed.
- Working with the Worship Integrator and Children’s Ministry leaders to incorporate children and students into the worship music ministry of Crossroads.
- Engaging in outreach events within and outside of the community as is appropriate and to expand the footprint of Crossroads within the surrounding community.
- Maintaining recordings, the music library, and copyrights for the worship ministry.
- Participating fully in the life and ministry of Crossroads UMC beyond the worship music ministries.
- Professional level keyboard player (preferred) and/or guitarist with training and experience in leading both vocal and instrumental music.
- Experience and proficiency in composition, arranging and musical notation in order to create charts and other music scores for the teams.
- Ability to envision, produce and direct special events, concerts and other programs/events as needed.
- Experience and familiarity with the technical aspects of contemporary worship will be helpful: such as lighting, sound, video production, etc.
- Ability to lead authentic, heartfelt worship experiences with professional stage presence and demeanor as well as technical skill and confidence.
- Affirm and align with the Crossroads UMC mission, vision with authenticity and integrity.
- Three plus years of experience leading successful instrumental and vocal team in both contemporary and more traditional worship settings.
- Individual must be creative and demonstrate excellent musicianship and professionalism. Competencies required across a variety of musical styles including but not limited to contemporary, gospel, classical and traditional music.
- Possess ability and willingness to work with a wide variety of people, and across all ages.
- Ability to inspire, organize, coordinate and motivate musicians with an ongoing positive attitude, grace, humility and sense of joy.
- A strong team player willing to collaborate with other staff members, teams and the people of the larger Crossroads community.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated individual who is able and willing to attract and assimilate new people to the ministry of music at Crossroads.
Salary & Benefits
Can be done remote?
Transform the world, one person, one family, and one community at a time with the compassion, forgiveness, service, and wisdom seen in Jesus. We do this by offering all people an unlimited welcome, God's unconditional love, and an unwavering hope for individual and global transformation.