Music is a God-given gift that enhances our worship of the Lord and appreciation for the good things He has given us. We are entering an exciting era at Austin Square, and our search for a new music director will help revitalize our music program and worship experience.
We are looking for someone with a heart for serving the Lord and His people. A person who is gifted in music (both instrumentally and vocally) and can lead other vocalists and/or musicians in offering a sacrifice of praise. The ideal music director is able to work with the Elders in organizing services and has a vision on how to introduce contemporary and modern music while still having an eye toward traditional hymns and songs. We desire a music director who will align with our vision to make disciples through practicing hospitality and reaching out in relevant ways to our community.
The Music Director will:
- Report to the Elders and work collaboratively with them in developing the music program
- Plan and direct rehearsals and including scheduling, logistics, and preparations
- Provide piano or other instrument accompaniment for songs and support the team as a vocalist when necessary
- Coordinate special music selections (e.g., solos, small groups) and schedule necessary rehearsals
- Collaborate with the sound and media teams to ensure the music offered is transmitted most effectively for worshippers
- Ensure all music publication and reproduction abides by CCLI standards.
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter that includes your testimony of faith and why you want to serve as a music director at Austin Square
- Resume of your relevant education and experience
- Life-demonstrated testimony of faith in Christ
- Instrumental music skills; vocal is a plus
- Experience leading a team of musicians
- Experiencing selecting music for worship services, specials and other church-related events
- Proven ability to work with the Elders in music plans and growing the program
Salary & Benefits
$8,000 - $10,000
Can be done remote?
Austin Square is a reformed Baptist church that has upheld the truth of the Gospel in the city of Lynn, MA for over 100 years. We are situated in the middle of a community of over 125,000 and reach out to both our urban and suburban neighbors. We see around 80 worshippers out each Sunday, and minister to another associated 20 throughout the week. Austin Square seeks to conform to the high standards of the Bible in both faith and practice. Our new Senior Pastor, Mark Rawnsley joined us about a year ago, and with the Elders, we’re embarking on a revitalization of the ministry. We are also partnered with a Cambodian Fellowship that has met in our building for over 30 years and a Spanish-speaking congregation that meets on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.
Mission: We are gathered to glorify our Sovereign God by exalting Him in worship, through making and maturing disciples for Christ, and faithfully serving our community in the power of the Spirit – all according to His Word.