Oxford Assembly of God is looking for a Spirit filled worship leader responsible for organizing, planning, developing, and leading a group of volunteer musicians and singers in high energy, blended worship at live and streamed services. Prefer someone who is proficient in music, can coach singers and instrumentalists as well as play an instrument.
The church currently has two Sunday morning services, one at 8AM and one at 10AM with Sunday school at 9AM. Additionally there is a Wednesday evening service at 7PM.
- Lead worship services each Sunday and Wednesday night.
- Oversee worship volunteers, and ensure a high standard of excellence.
- Oversee equipment used in the worship and update/upgrade equipment as needed.
- Recruit, train, and develop musicians and vocalists
- Ensure accurate readable charts and sheet music are available in advance of rehearsals.
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly rehearsals for Sunday and Wednesday services.
- Expand and maintain music library and licensing requirements.
- Work to expand the Music Ministry with additional instrumentation and voices
- Reach out to our community with music beyond the church
- Responsible for preparing and submitting request for annual Worship Ministries Budget.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing Worship Ministries Budget.
- Born again and Spirit filled, heart for leading people in worship.
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Demonstrates capacity to understand the needs of a wide variety of worshipers.
- Strong vocal and musical abilities.
- Passionate about both traditional and contemporary church music.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player
- High organization and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, without the need for micromanagement, and team-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
Salary & Benefits
$35,000 - $40,000
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?