Next Gen Pastor
PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES AND TASKS:
- Lead and organize effective programs for students that combine fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Cast vision for, teach, and plan retreats and camps with music, messages, games, and activities that inspire students to learn about God.
- Unless providentially hindered, and with exception granted by the Senior Pastor, the Next Generation Pastor will attend all camps, field trips, and other off-site activities of the student ministry.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd all student ministry volunteers - insuring that appropriate background checks are complete for all staff and volunteers working with students.
- Plan and execute services for students that are biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and highly engaging.
- Create and manage a student ministry calendar that drives all events, activities, and teaching within the ministry.
- Integrate the mission and vision of MOBC into student ministry goals and activities.
- Be an active presence in local middle and high schools, seeking to engage students at school.
- Educate, encourage, and facilitate student participation in church-wide community outreach.
- Assist in developing the annual student ministry budget and be accountable for the proper stewardship of the budget.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on a regular and individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents to keep them informed of events and activities, and maintain a ministry strategy that encourages involvement of the whole family.
- Instruct students of the importance of good public relations and the proper use of social media and other means of communication.
- Keep the church family and staff apprised of activities, needs, challenges, and development of the student ministries.
- Collaborate with the pastoral staff to support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles and duties.
- Collaborate with the pastoral staff in the development and implementation of the vision for ministry to students and young adults.
- Guide and encourage student Bible Fellowship Groups and other small group teachers and leaders in order to engage them in meaningful Bible study and teaching that will inspire students and enhance their spiritual growth.
- Develop and direct a young adult program addressing the needs, concerns, and growth of the college and non-college (18-25 years old) population of the church, and with, as appropriate to the age group, the goals and responsibilities stated previously for the student ministry.
- Develop and maintain the church’s social media ministries. Maintain and update the church's website.
- Responsible for the weekday needs of the audio/visual ministry (funerals, weddings, seminars, and other special occasions).
- Attend all bi-weekly staff meetings, and other developmental and training sessions, seminars, conferences, etc. as directed by the Senior Pastor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree recommended.
- 3+ years' experience on a church staff in youth or college ministry.
- Volunteer experience in related ministry area helpful.
- Experience in social media and website maintenance.
- Audio-visual experience helpful (i.e., digital mixer, ProPresenter).
STRENGTHS & SKILLSET
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and maintains a teachable spirit.
- Has a love and passion for young people, evangelism, and outreach.
- Shows a willingness to relate to the unique needs of students and young adults in today's culture.
- Is a self-motivated leader capable of creating and executing a long-term vision.
- Has strong strategic planning and administrative skills.
- Demonstrates excellent relational skills in all communication with students and parents.
- Has a working knowledge of creative programming for student programs and events.
- Exhibits a team-oriented spirit, committed to a display of unity with the church staff.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in his life by putting Jesus Christ first, spouse second, his own children third, and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of his income toward the mission and vision of MOBC.
- Be loyal to the vision of MOBC.
- At all times seeks to protect and keep the unity of the staff and the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invest in and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to MOBC.
Salary & Benefits
$38,000 - $42,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
- Continuing Education Assistance
Can be done remote?
Our mission is to connect the South Knoxville community and beyond to Christ and His kingdom. We strive to accomplish this individually and as a church body through the following core values:
- Gospel Proclaiming - We believe in the truth of the Gospel as the basis for our faith and its transforming work in the lives of God’s people.
- Worship Encouraging - We personally encounter a Holy God through preaching, singing, praying, tithing and cross-shaped living.
- Disciple Building - We make relationships with others through Bible Fellowship and one-on-one time as we seek to develop character, biblical knowledge and ministry skills in ourselves and others.
- Evangelistic Reaching - We connect to the community through church-wide events and individual encounters that share the love of Christ whenever and wherever.
- Strategic Sending - We know the church is an army relying on the Holy Spirit to lead us where He calls us.