Title: OUTREACH SPECIALIST/PASTOR
Reports To: OUTREACH TEAM LEADER
The Outreach Specialist/Pastor's primary focus is to support the Outreach Team, GSV Team, and the God-Sized vision. The Outreach Specialist/Pastor is committed to cross-cultural collaboration with many contacts.
The Outreach Specialist/Pastor is directly accountable for following all official and functional procedures and policies of Christian Life Center and is expected to engage in cooperative actions and relationships with the staff and congregation. On occasion, you may not agree with the philosophy or procedure used, but loyalty and support of the Lead Pastor and the rest of the staff is essential.
As an integral member of the Outreach Team, you will work collaboratively to ensure the development of a church culture that empowers leaders and actively demonstrates care for all individuals. This is accomplished through supporting the ongoing development and implementation in these ways:
- Administrative Support
- Cross-train and share responsibilities as needed with Outreach Project Coordinator and serve as backup for Outreach Project Coordinator
- Volunteer Engagement
- Effectively recruit, train, develop and empower volunteers
- Assist with coordinating, leading, and manning all church outreach events
- Follow up with volunteer interest requests as appropriate
- Lead debriefing of events
- Assist GSV Team Leader with coordinating of Outreach Events, including events for partnership churches and other organizations/ministries supported.
- Act as a liaison between staff, congregants, and outside partner agencies
- Pastoral Duties include the ability and availability to serve on the weekend services teaching team, as requested and minister to our congregation through rotational on‐call duties for hospital visits - managed by our Caregiving ministry.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian Lifestyle and to CLC’s Excellence in Ministry values
- Proactive with proven ability to assess and organize collaborative, cross-cultural, church engagement
- Team Oriented with an ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Accomplished team builder who recruits, motivates, equips, and empowers high-capacity volunteer leaders
- Excellent skills in communication, problem-solving, and working with people
- Effective Time Manager who is organized and thorough
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and Pastoral credentials from the Assemblies of God (or willingness to pursue)
Salary & Benefits
$50,209 - $69,555
Can be done remote?