The Well, a United Methodist Church
This position reports to the Director of Administration
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Bookkeeper position works closely with the pastoral and administrative staff and the
Finance Team in order to maintain, update, and deliver vital church information and services. The position
will work approximately 8 hours per week.
• Prepares checks when invoices and check request forms arrive, obtain signature from an authorized
check signer, mail checks, and file invoice and stub appropriately.
• Categorize expenses in QuickBooks to the appropriate expense account and create a journal entry to
reflect expense being covered by specific church group.
• Prepares line-item charges to committees for postage, copies and supplies.
• Follow a schedule for paying the credit card bills and moving money from the Operating Account to
the Building Account once a month to cover the mortgage.
• Writes checks as per a schedule agreed upon and set by the Finance Committee and as cash flow
allows, obtains approvals from committee chairs as needed and applies credit to proper expense
accounts up to the budget limit when possible.
• Produces a monthly and annual Financial Statement for Finance and Operations Team.
• Provides input to the yearly budget into the General Ledger System for tracking against and for
• Reconciles bank accounts.
• Maintains Cafeteria Plan ledger, chart of accounts, financial records and copy of all payroll and
• Prepares financial reports as necessary and as directed by the Finance Committee.
• Provides support to the God’s Discovery Kids (GDK) preschool of monthly billing/money transfer
and the month end closing process.
• Works with the Financial Secretary to ensure deposits and corrections are entered correctly.
• Assists with financial reporting, budgets, payroll, and providing review and feedback.
• Identifies financial resources and training needs.
• Recommends best practices in areas of finance/accounting.
• Must have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks)
• Payroll experience is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Organized, with an attention to detail.
• Professional, able to maintain confidentiality.
• Organizing. Can gather and organize resources (people, materials, funding, support) to get things
done; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
• Planning. Accurately assess the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks
down work into process steps; develops schedules and task assignments; anticipates and adjusts for
problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
• Managing vision. Articulates and supports the vision and mission of The Well.
• Managing conflict. Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflict, seeing them as
opportunities; reads situations quickly; focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and
equitably; finds common ground and get cooperation.
• Interpersonal relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside of the
congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses
diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
• Trust and integrity. Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes;
adheres to appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with
those values; practices what he or she preaches.
Rate of compensation will be based on:
• Experience and education.
• Work agreement of hours/ week commitment
• A United Methodist background is not required, but the successful candidate must be in agreement
with the standards, theology and policies of The Well.
Send letter of interest and resume to:
The Well, a UMC
Attn: A. Jones
P.O. Box 22
14770 Canada Ave. W.
Rosemount, MN 55068
Email letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary & Benefits
$17 - $20
Can be done remote?