- Be the spiritual leader of the congregation
- Build relationships with people in the area with a sensitivity to the developing culture
- Develop leaders and formulate a church replant strategy
- Cast vision and provide direction for staff, volunteers, and the congregation
- Implement ongoing strategic ministry plans for discipleship and evangelism
- Develop and oversee operations within a financial plan and church governance, including an elder or leadership board.
- Plan and conduct worship services, develop sermons, plan with music leadership and lead in the observance of ordinances.
- Conduct other pastoral duties as needed.
Qualifications, experience and background:
- Personal, growing relationship with Jesus
- Passion for multiplying disciples of Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree (M. Div. completed/in pursuit preferred)
- Ability to catalyze new ministries as well as think and plan strategically
- Ability to work with different types of people and lead them in the same direction
- Experience in local church ministry
- Willing to complete a church planting assessment and receive ongoing training and coaching through the Nineveh Network
- Possess or pursue ministerial credentials and maintain church standing with the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
- Affirmation of the Statement of Faith of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference
Salary & Benefits
- Health care
- Vacation days
- Parsonage (utilities included)
Can be done remote?
About First Congregational Church, Mantorville, Minnesota Church
We seek to be faithful to Jesus by loving God, loving others, and growing as followers of Jesus. To do this, we honor God in worship, share God with our community, and connect with God and each other through His Spirit and His Word.
We are restarting God's church in Mantorville - and are looking for a 'replant' pastor to come and guide us! This is a full-time position with a parsonage provided. This church replant is a great opportunity for a pastor with experience in church planting or church revitalization. The Conservative Congregational Christian Conference (CCCC) is conducting the pastor search and will assess potential candidates and offer coaching to the called pastor.
Mantorville blends a historic, small farming community with a significant interest in the arts. It is a unique combination that gives it a special charm and at the same time, provides challenges from growing beyond its history and heritage. It neighbors Rochester, MN, a booming small city, 20 minutes away.