Pastor of Young Adult Ministry
The Pastor of Young Adult Ministry will develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for evangelism and discipleship among young adults in the greater Cincinnati region. The pastor will focus on young adults in the 21-32 year old range, considering the needs of singles, dating couples, engaged couples, and newly-married couples. It is essential that this person is relational by nature, and is able to connect with young adults on a professional, social, and spiritual level, with the intent of coaching them towards holistic Christ-like maturity. The Pastor of Young Adult Ministry will report to the Associate Pastor and serve under, or with, multiple leadership teams (Elders, Deacons, Staff).
· Demonstrated spiritual maturity and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ that invites accountability for their walk with Christ.
· 1+ years of experience in Young Adult ministry.
· Biblical training (Master’s Degree preferred) and experience with teaching and preaching.
· Supports and Embraces Kenwood Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and governing documents
· Demonstrated servant-leader mentality.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with relationship building mindset.
· Experience in working with and relating to unbelievers.
· Proven ability to apply strategic thinking in ministry practice and implement organized ministry efforts across the Young Adult spectrum.
· Enjoys evangelistic conversations with people from diverse backgrounds, feels comfortable in non-Christian settings, and possesses a church planting mindset.
· Moderate to advanced computer and social media skills to facilitate ministry objectives and responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
About Kenwood Baptist Church Church
As God’s redeemed people, united by faith in Christ, empowered by His Spirit, we worship God, live by His Word, and join His mission in the world.
Kenwood is a local gathering of the global body of the Lord Jesus Christ. Kenwood includes twenty native languages, four generations of people, and dozens of neighborhoods around the city. The unity of the church is found in the shared confession that Jesus Christ is Lord. We believe that Jesus came "to seek and to save the lost" (Luke 19:10); that he came not "to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many" (Matthew 20:28); and that "everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:13). We are a redeemed people, united by faith in Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to walk in newness of life (2 Corinthians 5:17).
We desire to offer ourselves to God in heartfelt worship. We seek to live by his Word through expository preaching and small group discussion. We are compelled to join his mission in the world as each person uses the gifts that Christ has given. We pray that through us the gospel might reach into our neighborhoods and nations, transforming our own lives, families, and broader communities. We look with hope toward the great day when "the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2:14).
Kenwood has a rich history, a growing present, and a vibrant future. It is a caring family, an active body, a church where "the manifold wisdom of God is being made known" (Ephesians 3:10). It is a place to grow in faith and faithfulness, a place to seek and to serve, a place to become and to belong. It is a hospital for sinners and a sanctuary for saints. It is a place that warmly welcomes you.