TITLE: PAYABLES ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: FINANCE & ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Support the activities of the Finance Office primarily in the area of Accounts Payable and perform routine clerical accounting operations involving data entry and preparation of accounting documents.
The Payables Assistant is directly accountable for following all official and functional procedures and policies of Christian Life Center and is expected to engage in cooperative actions and relationships with the staff and congregation. On occasion, you may not agree with the philosophy or procedure used, but the loyalty and support of the Lead Pastor and the rest of the staff are essential.
General responsibilities include the maintaining of proper financial records and fulfilling a variety of accounting responsibilities to include: basic accounting/bookkeeping; adherence to principles and procedures; and execution of general secretarial abilities, including familiarity with computers, typing, copiers and calculator, document processing and record keeping according to standard, well defined procedures.
· Complete duties involved in executing the accounts payable functions
· Sort and distribute church mail
· Complete all duties involved in maintaining the current assets list
· Maintain accurate files for all aspects of the position
· Crosstrain with Purchasing & Receiving Assistant to perform those duties to serve as backup as needed
· Crosstrain all positions of offering count team to serve as backup as needed
· Manage & collaborate with volunteer teams for various tasks
· Any duties that may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to sit, to bend, reach and stoop, to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian lifestyle and to CLC’s Excellence in Ministry values
- Attends weekly service and is actively involved in serving opportunities at CLC
- Requires knowledge and understanding of standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures and techniques used in an accounting system where there are few variations in the types of transactions handled
- A high degree of detail and working knowledge of office equipment, and a basic knowledge of routine clerical methods and office practices and procedures is a must
- 1-2 year’s formal training beyond high school or 3-4 years of equivalent experience
Salary & Benefits
$16 - $28
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?