Preschool Ministry Director
Northbrook Baptist Church is seeking an individual who loves the Lord and has a heart for fostering spiritual transformation in the lives of our Preschoolers (birth – Pre-K). The Preschool Ministry Director is a member of the Northbrook ministerial staff, and the Family Ministry team under the supervision of the Children’s Minister.
The Preschool Ministry Director will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the spiritual needs of preschool children and their families. He/She will be highly relational and must have a strong team mentality leading volunteer teams and others, providing spiritual development of both children and parents through regular, ongoing programming, and special services/events. He/She is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, dedication, cooperation, encouragement, and prayer support as we serve Christ together at Northbrook.
- Create and maintain safe and welcoming environments for all guests, preschoolers, and their families.
- Cast vision and develop strategic plans consistent, and aligned, with NBC and Family Ministry philosophies under the direction of the Children’s Minister.
- Implement and coordinate ministry plans in order to achieve short-range and long-range ministry objectives resulting in spiritual transformation.
- Oversee all major elements within the Preschool Ministry, including Sunday Morning Preschool Ministry, Wednesday Night Preschool Ministry and Childcare.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee all levels of leadership within the Preschool Ministry including volunteers, parents, and interns.
- Develop a strategy that engages parents in the first steps of their ongoing responsibility of sharing the Gospel & discipling their children.
- Continually evaluate trends in Preschool Ministry, implementing the best quality program for preschoolers, while evaluating sustainability with volunteer staffing.
- Intentionally build relationships with preschoolers and their families.
- Oversee provision of our church-wide childcare program.
- Align Preschool Ministry with the other family ministries while working to ensure a strong, cohesive Family Ministry Team.
- Effectively communicate with volunteers, parents, and our church via our website, social media, email and print materials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Children's Minister.
- Loves children and fostering their spiritual formation.
- A teachable, and an enthusiastic learner.
- Attends worship services and special services regularly.
- Stays current with ministry trends.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Begin and end projects within a reasonable timeframe.
- Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
- Aligned with the vision, mission, values, and policies of Northbrook.
- Represents the Preschool and Family Ministry well to staff, our team leaders, parents, and the church.
- Works well with others and within a team environment.
- Maintains consistent office hours
- Pursuing Christ-likeness and a life that is beyond reproach.
- Possessing leadership and organizational skills.
- Supporting fellow staff as a team player.
- Participating in pastoral care of our faith family as directed by the senior pastor.
- Leading your family to actively participate in the weekly life and ministry of Northbrook.
- Promoting and supporting a kingdom vision and mission for Northbrook.
- Modeling an evangelistic lifestyle.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Gifts, Skills, and Talents
- Strong leadership gifting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively, and proactively.
- Good listener.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Strong servant leader.
- Previous experience in a childcare setting preferred.
- Track record of success in recruiting, developing, and leading volunteers and teams.
- Ability to create a strategic ministry plan and associated budget under the direction of the Children’s Minister.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Preschool ministry and childcare volunteers
HOURS, COMPENSATION, PTO
- 20 hours/week
- Sundays: 4 hours (approx. 8am-12pm)
- Wednesdays: 3 hours (approx. 5-8pm)
- Work Week: 13 hours (work with the Children's Minister to determine the best days and times during the week).
- 2 weeks vacation (30-40 hours)
- 2.5 days sick leave/annually
- 1 day personal (4 hours)
Salary & Benefits
$15,000 - $17,000
Can be done remote?