Purchasing & Receiving Assistant
TITLE: PURCHASING AND RECEIVING ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: FINANCE & ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Support the activities of the Finance Office primarily in the area of purchasing, receiving, distribution, and perform routine clerical accounting operations, ordering, product research, data entry and preparation of accounting documents.
The Purchasing & Receiving Assistant is directly accountable for following all official and functional procedures and policies of Christian Life Center and is expected to engage in cooperative actions and relationships with the staff and congregation. On occasion, you may not agree with the philosophy or procedure used, but the loyalty and support of the Lead Pastor and the rest of the staff are essential.
General responsibilities include the maintaining of proper financial records as they relate to the purchasing and receiving functions, cooperation and collaboration with Payables Assistant regarding accurate and sufficient documentation, placing and receiving orders, maintaining adequate inventory of various supplies, adherence to principles and procedures. Execution of general secretarial abilities, including good typing skills, document processing and record keeping according to standard, well defined procedures, and familiarity with various office equipment, including but not limited to computers, copiers, desktop calculator, fax machine, etc.
· Complete all duties involved in executing the purchasing and receiving functions
· Serve as resource person for Courier
· Maintain accurate files for all aspects of the position
· Crosstrain with Payables Assistant to perform those duties to serve as back-up as needed
· Crosstrain all positions of offering count team to serve as backup as needed
· Manage & collaborate with volunteer teams for various tasks
· Any duties that may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to sit, to bend, reach and stoop, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian lifestyle and to CLC’s Excellence in Ministry values
- Attends weekly service and is actively involved in serving opportunities at CLC
- Requires knowledge and understanding of accounting and purchasing and receiving principles and practices
- Possess excellent time management and organization skills
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- PC literacy with working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Outlook applications
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy, working knowledge of office equipment, a basic knowledge of routine clerical methods and office practices and procedures is a must
- Should be pro-active – able to take a concept, run with it and make it happen
- High School diploma
Salary & Benefits
$16 - $28
Can be done remote?