New Birth is prayerfully seeking a senior pastor to serve as lead teacher and preacher for the main worship service and Bible study. Practice compassionate pastoral care in accordance with church membership and leads by direction of the Holy Spirit and prayer to equip and empower the church body to fulfil the Great Commission. Inspire the people to seek transformation by the Holy Spirit through being an example and teacher of the truths of God’s Word.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Senior Pastor shall include but are not limited to:
· Preach the gospel during regular worship service, weekly Bible Study, and other services as scheduled;
· Officiate general and church business meetings and special occasions such as: confirmations, baptisms, funerals, and weddings;
· Responsible for fostering the spiritual growth and welfare of the church;
· Development and oversight of senior leadership and presbytery, diaconate and church ministry leaders, and overall congregational discipleship and Christian education;
· Render pastoral care as needed (pastoral counseling, hospital visits, weddings and funerals);
· Identifying, developing, training, and equipping of mature believers to be Christ-like leaders;
· Communicate a clear vision of how to create and maintain relationships within the body with an excitement for active participation in church ministries;
· Responsible for the overall administration of the church, and delegation of duties to appropriate and qualified leaders;
· Meet with the church leaders and Trustees on a regular basis;
· Administer the sacraments of Holy Communion;
· Participate in church sponsored activities; and
· Provide final authority in all spiritual matters.
- Must be a born again, Spirit-filled believer in Christ;
- Licensed or ordained as a Minister of the Gospel;
- Have a theologically sound command of the Scriptures;
- Minimum of ten years’ ministry experience with at least 3 of those being in a leadership role;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biblical or Religious Studies from an accredited college, university, or seminary preferred;
- Possess interpersonal, organizational, and administration skills.
- Have a desire for continued personal growth and spiritual development;
- Must possess a genuine love for all people.
- A commitment to New Birth’s doctrinal beliefs and plan for church governance (in accordance with NBCC Constitution & By-Laws).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration. A criminal, education and credit check required of final candidate.
For consideration please submit resume and three (3) professional references to Newbirthsearch@gmail.com.
Salary & Benefits
Can be done remote?
About New Birth Christian Church Church
About New Birth Christian
New Birth Christian Church is a charismatic, non-denominational and loving church in the suburbs of the District of Columbia. Founded in 1990, our active membership is less than 75 people. Our Sunday worship service is offered in-person and virtually.
New Birth’s mission is: To lead people into a personal relationship with Christ; To nurture them to Christian maturity, and To equip them for service in the church, their homes, the community and the world for God’s glory.