Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Submit to the vision and direction of the Lead Pastor through the direction of the Communications Director.
- Implement the structure created by the Communications Director, in both English and Spanish Services.
- Assist the Communications Director in achieving weekly goals with department planning and implementation of department projects.
- Attend weekly Communication team and staff meetings.
- Actively participate in Sunday morning services (e.g. technically and spiritually).
- Maintain cameras, lighting, and video gear.
- During non-business hours, he/she should be available for rare emergency work.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Develops concepts and direction for videos to showcase Northplace Church as needed.
- Produces, records, and edits videos to a final version.
- Edits videos based on feedback received.
- Prepares video files for use on the web and sites such as YouTube as indicated.
- Ensure that equipment for a shoot is present and in working order
- Plan the shoot, including proper lighting, props, actors, camera(s), microphones, etc.
- Could independently direct and execute the shoot
- Edit footage in post-production
- Trains and supervises volunteers.
- Manages schedule of video requests and assignments as needed.
- Uses creativity and suggests new techniques and treatments for video.
- Takes creative, professional photos of people, events, and facilities for electronic and print use.
- Reviews and prepares, and catalogs photos as needed for use by the department.
- Trains and supervises volunteers.
- Manages schedule of photo requests and assignments as needed.
- Supervises volunteers in areas of photography and videography to include training, planning, assigning, and directing work, coaching, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Must have a mindset of mentoring volunteers. Should be able to lead in a way that sets a good example, promotes teamwork, and encourages a positive, efficient work environment.
Attributes, Experience, and Knowledge Required:
- Positive attitude - Life-giving.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the vision of the church and the team.
- Driven to pursue excellence.
- Must embrace the vision of Northplace to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
- Heart of a servant. “23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in an area of concentration that positions him/her well for success in this role is preferred but not required.
- High-capacity, multi-tasking individual who is comfortable working independently without constant supervision. Ability to plan, prioritize, and follow through on goals.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in video editing software (Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, Pro CC, Avid Media Composer, etc.), has creativity behind the camera, and a strong technical background that includes equipment, lighting, etc. Demonstrated skills with Adobe Creative Suite and motion graphics are a plus.
Salary & Benefits
$35,000 - $40,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
Northplace Church is Christ-centered. We believe the Kingdom of God has come to expand into every area of our lives. Expansion means making a lot out of a little. It’s the power found in the Biblical community to find hope, grace, and encouragement. Expansion means that following Jesus will take you places you didn’t expect. Places that are far beyond what you could have imagined for yourself. Each of us is on a journey to give God more territory in our hearts each day, expanding to each part of our lives. Through us, the Kingdom of God then touches the lives of families, communities, and the world. We want every person at Northplace to join us on that journey.
- Core Values:
- Christ - We exist to introduce people to God through His son, Jesus Christ. Every worship gathering is centered on Biblical teaching that seeks to study the life, and character, of Jesus. We believe that experiencing Christ can transform our lives.
- Community - Acts 2:42-47 is the model for the Biblical community. We believe that living in community is vital to healthy spirituality and personal development. At Northplace, we seek to grow in our faith by building up one another - this happens primarily through our small groups.
- Compassion - The character of Christ is never more clearly displayed than when the Church, and its individuals, embrace the pain and poverty of others with grace and compassion. At Northplace, we seek to live our lives by serving with compassion - locally and internationally.