The Worship Minister is commissioned by the elders to lead the church’s ministry of music and arts. The purpose of this position is to aid in developing music and arts ministries so that all can connect, grow, serve, share in order to aid in being transformed to Christ-likeness.
It is essential that this person not only be qualified and gifted in the needed ministry skills, but also be a Christian in the New Testament sense and show the fruit of the Spirit in his/her life. It is also important that this person be able to whole-heartedly accept the mission statement of Maple Avenue Christian Church and apply it to his/her duties on the job so the church can be aided to achieve her goals.
Specific Ministry Responsibilities:
- The Worship Minister is to ensure that the MACC worship ministry is grounded in and committed to the core values of the church so that the vision and mission are accomplished.
- The Worship Minister is to oversee and coordinate all facets of the morning worship experience in conjunction with the Sr. Minister.
- The Worship Minister will oversee the recruiting and training of all volunteers and leaders of the worship ministries.
- The Worship Minister will oversee the following administrative tasks:
- Planning the budget and expenditures of funds for worship ministries.
- Effectively communicating activities, dates, plans, etc. to all necessary parties.
- Keep necessary records of all programs for the purpose of regular evaluation.
- Ensure that all supplies, materials, equipment, facilities, etc. are kept on hand and in usable condition for these areas of ministry.
- Ensure that the church maintains licensing permission for printed music, video use and recorded music use.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
- He/she shall report important issues in Worship ministries to the Sr. Minister (or as requested).
- He/she is expected to engage in workshops, classes, and reading that will keep him/her aware of new resources and ideas for ministry.
- He/she shall make shepherding calls in coordination with other staff (e.g. hospital, new members, evangelism, pastoral, etc.), especially as related to worship.
- He/she shall fulfill additional responsibilities as given by the Sr. Minister and/or elders.
- He/she is expected to strive for excellence in personal and pastoral responsibilities.
- He/she will work with staff on developing outreach opportunities through worship.
- Plan Special Occasion (i.e. Christmas and Easter) Programs that provide opportunities for outreach.
- Plan and prepare every worship service as though it is a special event, because it is.
Here at MACC we are looking for someone who understands the Midwestern mindset and pace of life. The candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Worship Ministry). The Candidate should be from the Non-denominational Christian Church. The candidate should have a strong work ethic and not shy away from opportunities to volunteer both in the church as well as in the community.
Salary & Benefits
$40,000 - $45,000
- Vacation days
- Professional Expense
- Insurance Stipend
- Cafeteria Plans
Can be done remote?
"Transforming People to Christ-likeness" is what we are all about here at Maple Avenue Christian Church! MACC is located just a hundred yards from Macomb’s Jr. & Sr. High School with a new Jr. High being built directly behind our property! Being the home of Western Illinois University, Macomb is unique in its cultural diversity for a mid-west town. We currently have worshippers from metropolitan, suburban, and rural areas as well as from a variety of countries. We are near completion of building a multipurpose area for afterschool activities as well as overall church use and Sunday morning worship. Interested applicants should be interested in developing real relationships with all people or as we say here, “Transforming People to Christ-likeness.”