- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Second in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of the church.
- Preparation, planning, musical and creative brainstorming, directing, and overseeing the ministry teams involved in the weekly Sunday gatherings.
- Participate in weekly Planning Meeting with Pastors and Creative Team.
- Lead and develop Second’s musical and creative teams.
- Utilize a mixture of traditional and contemporary songs and hymns staying current on trends in worship music.
- Strengthening individuals and teams by helping them grow in their spiritual formation. Developing and mentoring individuals and teams in their knowledge of their instruments, vocals, sound, and technical capabilities.
- Overseeing all aspects of the Sunday Worship Service – Production, Musical Worship, Audio/Visuals, etc.
- Discover and introduce new songs and prepare music as needed.
- Maintain the music library, instruments, and license agreements.
- Direct the weekly planning activities and rehearsals necessary to accomplish worship in weekend services.
- Develop and maintain at least six weeks of scheduling in Planning Center.
- Overseeing worship at additional gatherings throughout the year.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Performing general pastoral ministries of the church such as pastoral care, teaching, counseling, and visitations when needed.
- The Worship Pastor will report directly to the Executive Pastor.
- Participate weekly in both Sunday worship services and weekly staff meetings.
- The Worship Pastor will practice and uphold Second Baytown’s Staff Core Values and must be a good team player.
- The ability to organize and communicate clearly and consistently is a plus.
- Oversee maintenance of live streaming, sound equipment and mixing equipment.
- Oversee Worship Ministry of Second’s Student Ministry to develop and train the youth worship team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be a baptized believer with a maturing relationship with Christ who willingly joins Second Baytown Church.
- Must subscribe to the Constitution and Doctrinal Statement of Second Baptist Baytown Church.
- Commits to the direction of Second Baytown Church as discerned by the Leadership Team and Senior Pastor.
- Proven track record of spiritual maturity, godly character, and a demonstrated pattern of integrity in both behavior and speech.
- Maintains a humble and teachable spirit with an on-going desire to grow spiritually and professionally.
- Exhibits a consistent pattern of love and the attributes that reflect an emotionally and spiritually healthy, well-balanced individual (e.g. good-willed, cooperative, teachable, conscientious, flexible, growing, humble).
- Must maintain Christian disciplines including but not limited to: Bible study, meditation, prayer, financial stewardship, and evangelism.
- Leads in the spiritual life and provides for physical needs of his family.
- Possess a good standing with former churches and has a good testimony with all former supervisors.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Seminary Degree or other theological training is a plus.
- Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading with guitar and/or keyboard is essential. Confidence in speaking and praying is desired.
- Able to provide leadership, vision, and passion for Second in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of the church.
- Able to utilize a mixture of traditional and contemporary songs and hymns staying current on trends in worship music.
- Able to develop and integrate various worship team members, coming from varying musical backgrounds.
- Gifted and experienced in musicianship. Musical training is strongly desired.
- The ability to develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church is required.
- Knowledge of live streaming, sound equipment and mixing sound is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in sound, lighting, and audio recording.
- Knowledge of Planning Center and ProPresenter.
- A good “team player” and team builder with experience in supervising, motivating and encouraging others.
- Able to keep calm under pressure and respond in a measured way in stressful situations.
- Conducts life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Able to set realistic goals and targets and be able to set a pace of work that is sustainable in the long-term.
Salary & Benefits
$55,000 - $75,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
About Second Baptist Baytown Church
Second Baytown is a growing, vibrant, caring, gospel-focused church located Baytown, Texas, on the Gulf Coast close to both Houston and Galveston. Our heart’s desire is to lead people to Jesus Christ and develop them into fully devoted follower of Him. To accomplish our mission, we are seeking a full-time Small Groups’ Pastor with a heart for people and a desire to see every believer fully discipled in their faith.
Our growing church has a strong tradition of reaching our greater Baytown-area community of over 120,000 people through a devotion to personal worship, connecting people with God’s Word and others, serving our community and investing in all who need to know our Savior. We are affiliated with the SBC and have a contemporary worship style and casual atmosphere.