Youth & Family Ministries Pastor
The Director of Youth and Family Ministries Pastor is responsible for leading middle and high school students, grades 7-12. With emphasis on team building, spiritual growth and outreach. The pastor should be a dynamic speaker with a passion to reach the next generation for Jesus! Implementing a strategic vision with out of the box ideas that lays a new foundation for students in Muncie, Indiana and surrounding communities to come to KNOW Jesus, GROW in their relationship with Him, and GO out into the world to make a difference is key. The leader we seek, will be equipped with space, finances, staff and other resources to make a significant Kingdom impact.
1. Develop and implement a clear vision to promote spiritual growth in the next generations, to know Jesus, grow in their relationship with Him, and go out into the world to make a difference.
2. Plan, oversee and lead all youth ministry special events and weekly programs at Union Chapel.
3. Partner with Kids and Preteen Ministry leadership, for synergy in vision and strategy.
4. Coordinate services and deliver messages during Sunday nights student services.
5. Coordinate ministry/office logistics (budgets, communications, event planning, etc.).
6. Provide oversight and development to the Youth Ministry Staff and adult volunteers.
7. Preach as part of the preaching team in main services 2 to 3 times annually.
1. Must have hands-on experience working with and teaching adults and students in a ministry setting.
2. Experience leading teams of adults, coordinating trips, managing a church budget and overseeing a
paid staff team.
3. Minimum of two years of experience in a church or para-church ministry, reaching 300 or more.
4. A bachelor’s degree from a College or University is preferred.
1. Practices authentic Christian values both publicly and privately.
2. A gifted leader passionate about preaching and teaching all generations.
3. An authentic Christ-follower able to connect with students, adults and community leaders.
4. Looks to improve efforts and effectiveness, striving for excellence without overlooking the value of people.
5. Can clearly teach and illustrate Biblical concepts focusing on reaching those who are not Christians and discipling those who are in Christ.
6. Takes initiative and leads a team with humility.
Send an email to Candace Ford at Ford@unionchapel.com with the following:
1. Cover Letter and Resume.
2. Links to videos demonstrating your preaching and teaching abilities.
3. (Optional) A 2-3 minute video introducing yourself to our search team.
Salary & Benefits
$35,000 - $55,000
Can be done remote?
The Union Chapel mission is to see our community and our world come to know Jesus, to grow in a relationship with Him and go make Him known to others. We are passionate about offering Christ to the world and dedicated to reaching the next generation for Christ.