Youth Ministry Director
God calls Christians who are in places of leadership in the body of Christ to be 1) examples, and 2) above reproach in areas of faith, personal conduct, financial management, and relational trust (1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1). The Bible sets a high standard for those who wish to lead others. These standards do not demand perfection, but do require hard work, humility, and a passion to know and grow in your relationship with God. With these standards in mind, Compass sets the following requirements for Pastors, Elders, and Staff Members:
· Maintain a sincere, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Stand unified on Compass’ beliefs and values.
· Actively support the Compass vision to effectively and creatively reach out to an unbelieving community and world.
· Active involvement with a core group.
· Support and submit to the spiritual authority of Compass leadership.
· Faithfully pray and serve the people of Compass Church.
· Tithe faithfully to the work of God at and through Compass Church.
· Faithfulness in attending regularly schedule and special events.
· Maintain a spiritual and emotional maturity to deal with confidential and personal situations and information.
Under the authority and supervision of the Lead Pastor
1. Prayerfully lead Compass Church’s ministry to high school aged students and families by creating environments where:
a. Students are challenged to learn and do things beyond what they believed they were capable of doing
b. Students feel valued and loved
c. Outreach is infectious and current student reach out to other students
d. Students grow in their knowledge and love for God and others
e. New Students feel welcomed
f. Students aspire to use their God-given gifts to serve others in the church, the community and beyond
2. Implement an outreach strategy to attract and welcome new students into the Compass Church youth group.
3. Recruit, train and lead a volunteer team that invests into the lives of students
4. Manage and direct all high school youth activities, events and missions opportunities
5. Connect with parents and maintain a relationship with parents to know and serve the families of Compass Church.
Salary & Benefits
$12,000 - $60,000
- Room & Board
Can be done remote?
Our mission is two words: BEAUTIFUL FEET. Isaiah 52:7 and Romans 10:15 say, “Beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.” We strive to be “beautiful feet” and share the good news of Jesus Christ to Central Oregon and beyond.