Youth Ministry Director
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Group and Program Building
- Create and implement strategic plan designed to increase the impact of GFUMC’s youth program in the lives of the youth in and around our community in consultation with Co-Senior Pastors
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios
- Reach out to youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach program.
- Recruit teachers
Mission and Outreach
- Plan, schedule, prepare, implement and lead all major activities for youth that include, but not limited to:
- Summer Mission Trip
- Discipleship Trip
- Mystery Trip
- Local Missions Week
- Summer Youth Activities
- Coordinate Sunday School, Wednesday night, and youth mission trip curriculum for youth (grades 6 – 12) and recruit teachers to lead
- Coordinate and schedule travel arrangements for all youth activities
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community
- Plan and implement fundraising opportunities for youth activities.
- Obtain Financial Committee approval for all fund raisers
- Participate in all functions related to the youth of the congregation, i.e. Praise Band, Youth Choir.
- Keep records of youth participation
- Develop and manage the youth ministry budget
- Purchase supplies for the youth ministry
- Communicate in a timely manner with students, church staff, leadership, parents and the congregation as to the activities of the youth
- Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities
- Recruit teachers and volunteers for activities
- Maintain a teamwork mentality
- Work with Administrative Council as needed
- Attends staff, Worship Committee, Admin Council, and other meetings as needed or requested
- Perform all other job related tasks as assigned by the Co-Senior Pastors
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- High School graduate required.
- Four year undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience engaging youth in a ministry setting is preferred.
- Active degree candidates will be considered.
- Understanding of Wesleyan Theology
Salary & Benefits
Can be done remote?