Kessid is a modern, growing church of 1400+ people with 2 campuses in the Portland/Vancouver area in the Pacific Northwest. We are a church that values community, creativity, spiritual growth, and emotional health. Our church is full of audacious, genuine, and generous people that are committed to reaching our world in very tangible ways.
We are currently looking for a full-time Youth Pastor to integrate with our team who: demonstrates flexibility and availability, can evolve and change with us, will give oversight to Youth Ministry (Middle School – Young Adult) with the focus of creating a vibrant and growing ministry that develops passionate followers of Jesus, and builds a strong team of leaders. Salary is DOE and includes health insurance and paid vacation.
We believe this is more than just a role. We are looking for someone whose passion and calling is to youth ministry and would love to be part of building a thriving ministry in our church that is growing in a great community!
The position responsibilities would include:
- Building a strong, engaging, diverse, and relational youth ministry team
- Developing safe, biblically focused Life Groups for students
- Offer events and trips where students put their faith in action
- Walking with parents in the development of their children
- Overseeing weekly student worship experiences with a high standard of excellence
- Being a team player who collaborates with all ministries during the week and weekend experiences
- Recruiting, training, and supporting a strong team of adult volunteers for weekly services, special events, and Life Groups
- Plan, conduct, coordinate, evaluate, and select resources for the church’s ministry youth/young adult programs
- Thriving in an environment that requires flexibility and availability
- Best fit would be:
- Knowledgeable in student ministries with experience in leading youth and young adult ministry.
- Organized and capable of strategically building a strong, sustainable program.
- A strong, excellent communicator in person, on the platform, and in digital formats.
- A multi-tasking team player with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and the ability to build and lead teams
A perfect fit for Kessid would be:
- Experienced in building and leading multiple teams.
- Led by mission more than preference.
- Familiar with production, programming, current trends & media, optimizing opportunities, event planning, and leadership building.
- Able to work with a talented team to create experiences, while developing young leaders and providing space for growth.
- This position prefers a minimum of 3-5 year’s experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or a related field is valued but not required.
- An alignment with the culture, beliefs, and practices of Kessid Church.
- Exhibit a track record of relational health and integrity in church, family, and/or workplace.
Please submit a video introduction telling us about yourself, and why youth ministry is where you are called to serve. Please also include a cover letter which includes an overview of your faith journey and priorities/approach to youth ministry, a resume, and the names of three references with contact information. Please include a link to at least one recording of a recent sermon/talk.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary & Benefits
$30,000 - $50,000
Can be done remote?
About Kessid Church Church
In Scripture, “Kessid” is the Hebrew word for God’s Steadfast Love. The best way to understand the meaning is by thinking of a mother’s love. We can fight it, turn our back to it, run away from it, but a true mother will never stop loving or pursuing a relationship with us just as God will never, ever stop loving us unconditionally.
This is the story we want to tell as a community.
Our stories come together as a part of God’s story.
Because we are a part of God’s story, we all have a role to play.
We tell the story through the things we build with our hands, the lives we touch, and the art that we create.
Mothers and Fathers tell the story of unconditional love.
Friends tell the story of belonging and grace.
Grandparents tell the story of service and sacrifice.
Children tell the story of joy and wonder,
and each of us tells the story of the uniqueness of God’s creation.
The Holy Spirit breathes life into our stories, and Scripture tells the ultimate story of Love. Through this Love, we are bound together in the greatest story ever told.