JOB DESCRIPTION: YOUTH Pastor
The Youth Pastor will lead and organize an effective youth ministry, implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. Most importantly should demonstrate a hunger for more of God and possess a passion to lead the youth of our church and community into that same hunger. The overall objective of the Youth Pastor is to make Christ-like disciples of our youth and to train and mobilize them to make Christ-like disciples.
The Youth Pastor reports to the Sr. Pastor and the Elders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership to our overall youth ministry.
2. Model and raise the value of a Christ-centered lifestyle within the youth of our church…using our FCC Family Values as a guide.
3. Build a growing Youth Ministry team to effectively reach the un-churched youth of our community.
4. Maintain a close working relationship with the public and private schools of our community making connections with students from our schools, drawing them into the fellowship of our church and into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
5. Facilitate the training and mobilizing of our youth to develop relationships with the un-churched, to actively witness to those within the sphere of their influence, and to make Christ-like disciples of those responding to their witness.
6. Collaborate with the church’s staff in the creation of new ministries as needed to accomplish the vision and mission of the church.
7. Make and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community, especially those leaders of our schools and other youth organizations.
8. Establish strong relationships with the youth of our church, maximizing ministry impact in their lives.
9. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
10. Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
11. Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
12. Prepare, monitor, and control the annual youth budget as approved by the Elders.
13. Manage student fees and fund-raising money for events and ministry/mission trips.
14. Participate in staff meetings, one-on-one meetings with the Sr. Pastor as well as other meetings necessary to lead an effective youth ministry.
15. Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles.
16. Adequate planning and preparation for all services, meetings, and activities must be done so that each event will be effective in accomplishing its stated purpose.
18. Other duties as required and requested by the Sr. Pastor or Elders of FCC.
At least a 4-year seminary/Bible college degree.
Salary & Benefits
$40,000 - $50,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
- Cell Phone
Can be done remote?