- David Santistevan
This past Sunday I asked my worship team a question:
“How can we better connect with our congregation in 2016?”After the usual sarcastic remarks of getting rid of the stage, passing out tambourines at the door, and inviting anyone on stage, the conversation became beautiful. We began to discuss what it would take for us to connect with people and for our people to connect with God. Here are some of those insights:
- Having conversations with people off the stage.
- Choosing songs that connect with our demographic.
- Stripping back and simplifying the music.
- Allowing more space to flow.
- Singing more familiar songs.