Camp Head Cook
Mountain Lakes Bible Camp is seeking a dedicated, experienced individual to serve as Camp Cook. This individual is required to live on-site at the camp and is responsible for preparing meals, managing the kitchen, and supervising seasonal help. The camp is located on eleven acres of Forest Service administered property within the Fremont-Winema National Forest of southern Oregon, between Klamath Falls and Medford. The Facilities include 21 buildings, swimming pool, athletic field, RV sites, water, and septic systems. Mountain Lakes Bible Camp is primarily a summer camp for children and youth from June 10 through August 30. While from September 1 through June 10 the next year Mountain Lakes is primarily used as a retreat facility with frequent weekend use and occasional midweek groups, including school groups. Mountain Lakes Bible Camp has been in continuous operation since 1961 and is owned and operated by Bible Baptist Church of Klamath Falls, who are associated with Church Venture Northwest. The camp is non-denominational in scope and evangelical in purpose.
Serves as Head Cook:
- Orders, receives orders, and stores food and kitchen supplies.
- Develops menus.
- Prepares and oversees preparation and serving of meals.
- Cleans and oversees cleaning of kitchen, dish washing room and dining room.
- Maintains kitchen, dish washing room and dining room to local and state health standards.
- Supervises all kitchen, dish washing and dining room staff.
- Maintains security and accountability for equipment, supplies and food.
- Plans and coordinates work schedules of kitchen employees.
- Coordinates with Camp Pastor and/or Volunteer Coordinator about when volunteer help is needed.
- Participates with Camp Pastor in recruitment of food service staff.
Coordinates with guest group coordinators and camp directors.
- Plans menus and mealtimes with incoming camps.
- Coordinates special dietary needs and accommodations with incoming camps.
- Oversees groups who provide their own food service by seeing that they follow proper procedures as prescribed by camp policy.
Works alongside Camp Caretaker to oversee the housekeeping needs of the camp by:
- Assisting with Cleaning after camps when food service schedule allows.
- Coordinates with Camp Caretaker to plan a cleaning schedule for the camp.
While this is not a church, this is a Christian Camp, and employees serve as the direct contact with campers. As such we desire the following.
- A mature Christian who can readily commit herself/himself to the concepts of evangelism, spiritual growth, and physical refreshment as the mission of the camp ministry.
- Dedicated to service; high in communications skills, hospitality, adaptability, and graciousness in meeting the needs of camp guests and in representing the camp to the public.
- Committed to the concept that menial, repetitious, and detailed tasks done well require the highest qualities of character.
- Ability to subscribe to the doctrinal statement of Bible Baptist Church.
- Physically capable of standing for long hours and lifting at least 35 pounds.
- Ability to organize and prioritize based on ministry goals, needs, and budget parameters.
- Commitment to serving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Previous successful experience in food service operations, preferably as a head cook in a camp or other institutional setting.
Salary & Benefits
- Vacation days
- All utilities except phone or internet service
- Meals when the camp kitchen is in operation.
Can be done remote?
About Bible Baptist Church Church
In seeking to fulfill our purpose for existing as a local church, it is our intent to use the following Mission and Vision Statements to guide us in what we both do and don't do as a local "body of Christ."
Mission: To glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
The Great Commission: Mathew 28:18-20 ESV
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
Vision: In seeking to fulfill our mission we purpose to move people:
(1) to connect with God through faith in Jesus Christ and membership in this church,
(2) to grow in their knowledge of Jesus and the daily practices of their faith,
(3) to serve the Lord and others in and through the workings of this church and, (4) to reach people in the world with the good news of Jesus, beginning with their closest relationships, so these people may connect with God.