To provide leadership and direction over all aspects of NextGen ministry from birth through 12th grade and young adult, ensuring an atmosphere of vibrant teaching and discipleship. This position primarily focuses on directly leading the Student Ministry (Middle School/High School) while building a team, overseeing the Kids Ministry (birth-5th grade), and developing a young adult ministry in the future.
- Maintains emotional, spiritual, and physical wellness.
- Demonstrates an increasing devotion and delight in Christ.
- Cultivates healthy relationships with their spouse (if married) and their children. (if a parent)
- Does life with those in and outside of the church.
- Initiates and implements regular rhythms for personal and professional growth.
- Maintains office hours on the campus of about 16 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
- Available no less than 46 Sundays per year.
Principle Job Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly meetings as a member of the Pastoral Staff
- Attend all other required meetings, including:
- Kids & Student Ministries (you will be leading these)
- All Staff
- Special Events
- Weekend Services
- Leadership Development
- Conduct a weekly service time designed for reaching and equipping the Next Generation
- Conduct weekly service with themes/songs/messages designed to equip and reach the NextGen
- Hold 1 off-site ministry time a year for either servanthood, ministry, relationship building, or leadership development
- Produce yearly VGSD (Vision, Goals, Strategies, Document) with appropriate events and budget
- Build a vibrant volunteer-based children’s ministry.
- Develop a speaking team for the Student Ministry so that you would only speak 2 (3 maximum) times a month for youth services
- Maintain all security standards
- Teach weekend service as needed
- Counsel with staff and parents as needed
- Perform some additional tasks as they arise as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Build strong leadership for the NextGen Ministry with the goal of recruiting, training, and empowering NextGen team members
- Create an ongoing and consistent discipleship strategy for NextGen students
- Build an in-reach strategy for proper assimilation of students
- Develop 1 outreach event night designed to reach local students outside of the ministry
- Handle all issues related to the NextGen ministries that arise
- Help develop a strategy to ease transition times into new school years
- Develop the volunteer process for Senior High Students (15 years old+)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree. (preference will be given to those with a biblical degree)
- Minimum 3 years of children's Ministry (birth-5th grade) or youth leadership experience
- Prior experience in recruiting and developing small group leaders for next-gen ministry a plus
- Communication skills with parents and children
- Team building and leadership
- Operational management
- Heart for the next generation
- Solution oriented
- Positive attitude
- Willing to face change
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and administrative ability
- Proficient with technology, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
General Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit/stand for long periods of time
- Occasionally kneel, or crouch
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Salary & Benefits
Can be done remote?
Long Grove Community Church is a non-denominational church celebrating 175 years! With a new Senior Pastor, LGCC looks to move into a new season as it positions itself in the tension of being culturally relevant and biblically grounded. We live by our values which are:
- Love God and Others
- Live Life in Relationship
- Give It Away
- Go to the Lost