Student Ministry Leader (Associate Pastor)
- Cooperate with the staff and church family to promote the vision and ministry plan of the church.
- Plan, evaluate and lead in all aspects of ministry to students in middle and high school. (With the assistance of the Student Ministry Leadership Team)
- Plan, evaluate and lead in all aspects of ministry to young adults (ages 18-25).
- Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, carry out the ongoing ministerial duties of a pastoral staff member. (i.e. preaching, teaching, visiting, counseling, conducting services, etc.)
- Perform other ministry-related duties as determined by the church leadership and as assigned by the Senior Pastor. (i.e. oversight of special projects, handling of various administrative tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the church, etc.)
- Regularly attend Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday evening services. Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings. Exceptions and absences are to be approved by the Senior Pastor.
Character and Conduct
Is a mature Christian who holds to a high standard of personal integrity.
Has a clear understanding of a personal call to ministry.
Ministers to their family and has family support in their calling.
Is organized, teachable & able to benefit from constructive criticism.
Interacts well with others & is able to maintain confidentiality.
Practices personal evangelism.
Meets the following disclosure requirement: pass a criminal background check.
Understands & agrees with Southern Baptist doctrine (as expressed in the latest revision of the Baptist Faith & Message) and with the doctrine & policies of W.B.C. (as expressed in the Member Covenant of the Church Constitution).
Skills and Abilities
Able to articulate Biblical truth and make application of it to life.
Able to communicate and interact with others in a Christ-like manner.
Possess a sincere hunger for knowledge and is committed to be a life-long learner.
Possess technical understanding of desktop publishing software and is capable in the basic operation of a/v equipment.
Academics and Education
Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in ministry or a ministry-related field from an accredited academic institution.
Be committed to pursuing ongoing academic achievement as the Lord leads and gives opportunity.
Have prior church work/ministry experience, either as a paid staff member or as a volunteer.
Salary & Benefits
$60,000 - $70,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
Westview Baptist Church is a thriving, multigenerational Christian community located in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. Comprised of individuals from diverse backgrounds, we are a Southern Baptist church committed to sharing in the journey of following and serving Jesus.
As a growing family of believers, we acknowledge that we are a work in progress, yet we are confident that through God's power, we can forge closer connections daily. We gather regularly for fellowship, discipleship, worship, prayer, and service. Our commitment is to extend the love of Christ to those around us.
Regardless of your background, current circumstances, or future aspirations, we firmly believe that there is a welcoming place for you within our Church Family at Westview Baptist Church. Join us on this transformative journey as we seek to embody the teachings of Christ together.
Mission Statement: "Love God. Love Others. Reach the World."