Fawn Lake, VA. is a growing, vibrant development with a strong sense of community located 18 miles west of Fredericksburg, VA. There is easy access to Washington DC, Richmond and Charlottesville, VA.
Fawn Lake is missing a neighborhood church. Our community of over 1,200 homes, includes a balanced mix of younger and older generations. Many young families are moving into the neighborhood. 200 children on the Fawn Lake swim team indicates the number of young families in our community that can be reached.
Based on the dynamics of our neighborhood we feel strongly called to share our faith with our neighbors. Many of whom may be unreached. And others who are looking for a church in the community. We are led by God to begin a nondenominational church here and share the gospel message.
We have 35 charter members and worship Sunday mornings in someone’s home. Currently guest speakers lead our worship service as we begin our search for a part or full time pastor.
We are looking for a pastor that is excited about developing a new church. An individual that is/can:
- Led by God
- Not tied to one ecumenical doctrine.
- Led by, understands, and can teach the scripture.
- Brings scripture to life, relating historical context to today’s world.
- Involve young adults and youth
- Minister and relate to all ages.
- Mission minded individual that can help our immediate community as well as help us reach out to others in need.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree, Divinity focus a plus
- Ordained from a recognized institution
- Nondenominational approach
- Experience with planting a church is a plus
- Responsible for growing team and programs
- Strong background with, and understands scripture
- Reaches out to the community
- Strong oratorical skills
Salary & Benefits
Can be done remote?
About Fawn Lake Church Church
- Provide value to all generations by knowing our members, community and providing spiritual and personal guidance and support to navigate today’s world
- Engage in worship open to all and pleasing to God
Focus heavily on youth through active youth programs and Sunday School
- Focus on adults through small Bible Study groups for all age groups
- Offer an annual vacation bible school open to the community, cooperating with other Churches in the area
- Support missions with a goal that at least 20% of the Annual Budget be devoted to meeting member and the greater community needs
- Reaching out to all, current followers of Jesus ,those to seek to know him better and those who don’t know him
- Provide pastor led marriage ceremonies, funerals, and celebrations
- Combination of traditional, praise, and contemporary music
- Music an integral part of worship
- Pastor led, Scripturally based teaching conveying the overall message, and the relevance to today
- Inclusion of non-denominational liturgical recitations without heavily “ritual” based services